Salomon 4 Trails 2011
The SALOMON 4 TRAILS is a new trail running event by the PLAN B event company from Munich, the event specialists for mountain bike and trail running events and organizers of the Gore-Tex Transalpine Run.
From July 6 to 9, the schedule includes about 163 kilometers, approx. 10.800 meters of difference in elevation, three countries, four stages and five towns.
Aside from its athletic highlights, this new crossing of the Alps for individual starters offers the most beautiful trails, attractive landscapes and wonderful nature experiences in the most beautiful Alpine regions of Germany, Austria and Switzerland. With the starting location in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and the stage host cities of Ehrwald, Imst, Landeck and Samnaun, charming towns of the Alpine region will again become the center of attraction for mountain runners.
All of the stage host cities know their craft when it comes to creating a resplendent setting for a sports highlight. After all, they are already well known for their diverse program of sports activities all throughout the year.
“We are very happy that, with the SALOMON 4 TRAILS, we can now also offer a crossing of the Alps that is even more geared toward popular sports,” says project manager Anika Stephan about the concept of the SALOMON 4 TRAILS. On the daily stages of this event, distances of thirty to forty kilometers and differences in elevation of more than 2,000 meters have to be covered. So, even though there will be a generous time limit, it is definitely not a good idea to show up untrained at the start of the SALOMON 4 TRAILS.
The event is basically geared toward people who enjoy trail running and running out in nature. Experienced and ambitious trail runners as well as marathon and long distance runners, triathletes, Nordic Walkers and mountain runners will get their money’s worth at the SALOMON 4 TRAILS.
• 3 countries, 4 stages, 5 stage host cities
• Date: July 06 – July 09, 2011
• Entry fee per person: € 333
• Nearly 160 kilometers in distance and a difference in altitude
totaling of 10,000 meters in 4 days (More detailed information about
lenghts, routes etc. will be provided soon)
• Trails through the most beautiful mountains in Germany, Austria,
• Sports highlights, fantastic nature experience, deep emotions
• International Sports VIPs also taking part
• Special categories (Team, Mountain…)
• C hoice of courses exclusively through particularly attractive scenery
and on diverse and attractive trails
• A maximum number of 1,000 participants
• Teams of journalists ensure world-wide media coverage
• Prize money for overall winners