La Transtica 2012
LA TRANSTICA is a free pace Trail race, with a prologue and 5 stages with points of supply, assistance and rest. Two categories are available: Adventure 120 km and Extreme 196 km. Races take place on the island of Costa Rica.
- Type: Ultra Trail in 5 stages.
- Date: From November 21st evening to December 1st, 2012.
- Place: Costa Rica.
- Region: Costa Rica crossing from east to west, from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean coast through the mountains and jungle of the Central valley.
- Distance: 120 km or 196 km. 2 Courses:
- Extreme race: from 30 to 40 km per day with a total positive difference in level of 6 800 m.
- Extreme = 3 qualifying points for the UTMB
- Adventure race: from 20 to 30 km per day with a total positive difference in level of 3 800m.
- Competitors: 50 max for 2012